Sunday, February 6, 2011

Happy Booger Sunday!

I had to take baby Z to the all night Pediatric Care last night. He's been struggling all week with sinus and congestion (translate: boogers, cough and snots) but yesterday he all of a sudden broke out into a fever. So, we did what most good parents do in this situation. Put him to bed early to see how things would go. He went down at 7 and woke up every 20 minutes moaning or crying until 11 when I finally decided to just take him in.

Husbands are of no use in these situations. I mean...God bless him. He's incredible. But his answer to "should I take him in?" is almost always, "nah. Let's wait it out and let the poor kid suffer until his fever spikes so high that he has to go to the ER." Oops...I think I just translated that in my head. Anyway...doing what any good wife would do...I ignored his advice and called my mom. She agreed that I should take him in. Thanks mom! :)

So...an hour and a half later we were on our way home with antibiotics for a double ear infection. I hate to be the one to say it, but I TOLD YOU SO LOVE! I can't even believe that man loves me as much as he does. I am such a nuisance :) But...Baby Z was in bed, with motrin and antibiotics in his system by 1:20am. Poor little dude! I must insert here...that my baby was still a perfect angel and as sweet as ever. I am not kidding you. This kid is a literal angel from heaven. Thank you Jesus!

Here's the fun part. He woke up this morning at about 10:15. Words cannot describe the appearance of my sweet baby boy.
Boogers.
Boogers.
Boogers.
I just don't even know what else to say. Boogers in his eyes. On his eyelids and eyebrows. Boogers on his cheeks. Boogers in his hair. Boogers on his neck. THE giantest (it's a word...look it up) booger I have ever seen COMPLETELY sealing his right nostril. I tried to take a picture really fast with my phone but it just didn't do it justice. I couldn't help but laugh at him. Yes. AT him. I realize what kind of a mother this makes me...I'm ok with this. Poor baby.

Happy Booger Sunday!

Lovesandboys,
Bekah


No comments:

Post a Comment