Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Fancy Day

Today is fancy because...

I laid in bed this morning, my face pounding from the constant waves of sinus pressure, and heard my boy yelling from his room..."mommy! wake up!" So I did what any self respecting mother would do at 7 am. I rolled over and hit my husband and said "the boy needs you." Being the blessed husband that he is, he rolled out of bed and went and got the boy. Lately we have been bringing him in bed with us in the morning. It's the sweetest family time that we ever have. We lay in bed, sometimes with the witty tunes of the Wiggles playing on the tv...we cuddle and laugh, give zerberts, and enjoy our time together before we have to drag our sleepy butts out of bed and head into the day. So that is what we did this morning. Steve plopped him on the bed and he crawled over to me with a big smile on his face and said "hi mommy!" It's my favorite way to wake up. That smile and sweet voice welcoming me into a brand new day. I asked him how his sleep was and he said "good." I love the way he talks so I make sure I ask questions that allow him to answer with actual words instead of yes or no. After one round of the Wiggles and some cuddles later, he was ready to get down and ready to eat! That boy can pound the food! So we got up and headed out to the kitchen for some breakfast. Eggs with ham and toast...delicious...just in case you were wondering. While breakfast was getting ready he got cranky! I call it the hunger blues...he's not quite old enough to express with accurate precision..."mother I am hungry." So...two spankings and one time out later, we ate breakfast and my sweet boy returned from the abyss of the hunger blues.

This is why my day was fancy...
When I got out of the shower this morning I checked my texts and found out that our good friends were having their baby twins this morning! 9 weeks early. I rushed to get ready and headed to the hospital. Mom and babies are both doing great. I am just so thankful to God for the gift of life and the joy that parenthood brings. I was overjoyed to know that our friends would now be able to share in the joy and craziness (come on now! Can I get a witness!) that being a mom and dad brings. What a great day so far and it's only 2:30. I can't wait to pick up my son from school...the sadness of a working mother is for a whole other blog...but for now I will look forward to the smile on his face when I walk into his classroom to pick him up for the day. Man....what a day! What a fancy day....

Lovesandboy,
Bekah

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm honored to be mentioned in your blog. Amazing how 5 1/2 pounds of wonderous love can up your status in this crazy world. My girls' legacy has begun...I love technology!

    ReplyDelete